RENAL HEALTHCARE HIE for CROWNWeb
The Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS is a routing hub that receives required EQRS data from dialysis providers then seamlessly and securely sends the data via electronic submission to CMS for the ESRD program. The system also serves as the conduit to return automated feedback from CMS on the status of submissions. The Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS does not store or aggregate any information.
This seamless submission allows dialysis facilities with EMRs to submit data electronically rather than manually keying it in. This means:
How it Works
- Faster data entry for EQRS
- Less staff time spent on reporting
- More accurate electronic data submission
- Secure, encrypted transmission that meets HIPAA and privacy rules
- Automated updates from CMS on data submission status
- Cost savings by not having to build and maintain a system for your facility
The Renal Healthcare Association, on behalf of its members, has worked with the
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to develop an efficient and reliable electronic data submission solution for independent, regional and community based dialysis providers that’s less of a burden than manual entry. The result: The Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS.
The Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS is a routing hub that receives required EQRS data from dialysis providers and electronically submits the data seamlessly and securely to CMS for the ESRD program. It also serves as the conduit to return automated feedback from CMS on the status of the submission. The Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS does not store or aggregate any information.
Great Value, Great Resource
- For Renal Healthcare Association members, the Renal Healthcare HIE costs only $29 per patient per year.
- For non-members, the fee is $36 per patient per year.
Training and Support
Get Started Now
Any dialysis facility that uses an EMR can connect to the Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS, but it requires the EMR vendor become certified first. If you use an EMR that has been certified or an EMR that is in the process of becoming certified, you can register now. To join our email list and get updates on the Renal Healthcare HIE, sign up for email alerts.
Once you’re registered, we will work with you and your EMR vendor to enable the connection to the Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS. To complete registration, you’ll need the following information:
Once you have completed registration, we will let your EMR vendor know to contact you to set up your access to the Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS and train you on how to submit the EQRS data using the HIE.
- Contracting organization name
- Renal Healthcare Association membership status
- Organization size
- Contracting organization address, city, state and zip code
- Organization DBA name (if applicable)
- Designated business contact information
- Once your overall organization is setup you will then register each of your facilities. You will need specific information about each facility, including:
- EQRS Facility ID – Your local Network can help you identify this number.
- EQRS CCN – This is also known as your Medicare Certification Number.
- EQRS Facility Name – Use the name that CMS refers to.
- Network ID – the Network’s numerical identifier.
|Certified EMR Vendors
These EMRs are currently certified for Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS. If you are one of their customers, you may sign up for HIE today.
- Clinical Computing Laboratories
- Cybernius Medical
- DSI Renal EMR (in-house EMR)
- Gaia Software
- Infian (formerly Health Informatics International)
- Kinetic Decision Solutions, LLC (KD-S)
- Satellite Healthcare (in-house EMR)
If your EMR vendor is not on the list of certified vendors, please contact them and let them know you would like them to become certified so that you can access the Renal Healthcare HIE for EQRS. You can point them to information on how to become certified.
Let us know that you’ve contacted your vendor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When a member requests an EMR vendor become certified, we will follow up with the vendor and encourage them to participate.